Mold is an organism that is generally harmless, but long term exposure to large amounts of it can cause health problems if left unattended. It’s important to have the mold removed by hiring a mold remediation company. In this article, we discuss the health hazards of mold exposure to children.
Although small amounts of mold growth may seem harmless now, it’s a good idea to have it check by mold remediation companies because they are trained to be able to get rid of the mold and provide you with tips on how to properly maintain the home from growing mold again.
Health Effects of Mold:
- Respiratory Problems: The growth of mold has the ability to cause respiratory problems. Mold in your home means your children cough, wheeze, and sneeze more. The problem with this is that some places are full of other allergens that can cause the same symptoms, and mold is often the last thing that is considered as the cause of this problem. It’s important to have all the potential allergens checked to prevent any more severe symptoms from showing up.
- Nervous system symptoms: Long term exposure to mold is also observed to cause confusion, disorientation, prolonged fatigue, and memory loss among other symptoms. It’s important to address these symptoms immediately because they can lead to more serious problems like depression. Having mold may seem harmless at first but should be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Skin Irritation: A variation of mold called black mold releases toxins called mycotoxins. These toxins are easily carried by air and can cause irritation if it has been left alone. Taking the opportunity to have the mold checked means that there are fewer chances of these spores to cause rashes or other irritations.
- Eye Irritation: Exposure to black mold mycotoxins can often cause your eyes to show signs of irritation. This can be manifested as swollen eyes, itchy eyes, and can cause it to tear up. If this is the case, then you might want to have all the rooms in your home checked. Any mold left unattended can cause these symptoms to appear.
Health Effects of Black Mold:
Aside from the symptoms listed above, black mold mycotoxins can also cause other more serious conditions like having severe internal organ damage. If any of these mycotoxin spores get inhaled or ingested then the risk of getting the spores in your circulation is high. These mycotoxins can cause vascular diseases like inflammation in your heart, irregular heartbeats, damage to your heart, low blood pressure, irregular blood clots, and hemorrhaging. If you have black mold in your home, then it’s time to have your home checked by professionals. This way you can reduce the risk of getting severe health problems.
Mold growth is not something you should joke about. It’s important to have the mold remediated so that you and your kids are kept safe from the health effects of mold. You can always hire a professional because they can provide you with ways on how to maintain your home’s environment so that mold wouldn’t grow as quickly.
Here are the health hazards of mold exposure to children and why you should take care of the problem immediately so that you can reduce the risk of having any severe effects.